Monday, July 21, 2008

The Move... and Addiction!


Hello everyone, my name is Billy Nixon and I am a addict... a Twilight addict. I know it is very sad, I didn't even see it coming. I wanted to be a nice brother and went up to Syracuse, New York to help my sister Brittany and her husband pack up their house and move down to Virginia. Well there was some down time and the television was packed, so in my boredom I decided to go to Borders to pick up a book. I read the first chapter and was addicted!  Twilight's addictive power is worse than even the hardest of drugs. I am embarrassed to say I finished the first two books in a matter of days and am working on the third as we speak. 
Now about the move, It was really fun spending time with Brittany and Ben. We packed all week and our goal was to load the truck by Friday and be down in D.C. by Saturday. Well we began packing the truck at 9AM on Friday and finished at 9AM Saturday. Yes, we pulled the quintessential "all-nighter" reminiscent of many my freshman year of college.
The drive down was a journey in its own. We had a very special truck... the "little engine that could" if you will. 
I know everyone knows the story of The Little Engine that Could. Well this truck gave that story a whole new meaning. All three of us wondered numerous times if our truck was going to make it as it would only drive at 30 mph uphill. Well it did eventually make it, but I am sad to say I never want to be with a truck like that again. 
Overall the trip was really fun. I am glad I had the chance to help out Brittany and Ben. But most of all, I am happy I had the chance to read.
I would be remiss not to mention the opportunity I had to go see the Hill Cumorah pageant on Friday night before we left town.  It was amazing, and worth the lack of sleep and speeding ticket my brother-in-law got because of it. 

No comments: